Saturday 29 June 2013

Painting Process

I first created a new layer after checking my background to be at lock mode. Using the polygonal lasso tool, I drew around the hand and colored it peach using the brush tool. As you can see, I used different shadings in order to make it look more realistic. As for the nail, i painted it pink by using the same tools. 

Next, after creating another layer, I outlined the outer tablet by using the polygonal lasso tool and then by using the brush tool, i painted it black in color. To get a straight line, I had to use the tool while holding the "Shift" button. I then outlined the parts i want to erase the color black off. The third layer was the coloring of the inner tablet by using the grey brush tool.

After creating a new layer, I then move on to the coloring of the globe. I used different shades of green to create an effect with the help of the lasso tool and the brush tool. Different shades of blue was then used to color the ocean.

Moving on to painting the yellow color and the red color to finish up the globe. 

Furthermore, the screws and clockworks were then colored in different colors such as different tones of brown, grey, black, dirty green etc using the. Many different layers were made to complete this section.

I also made the edges of my design more fine by clicking on the "Filter" then "Stylize" and finally "Find Edges".

I then decided to use different color of paint and brush it around the human head shape to give it a more abstract effect. I then use the Smudge Tool to blend the colors together by dragging the mousing at different direction.

As for the lines on the top right of my design, I used a gradient effect of blue and white. I adjusted the style to be "Linear" and the angle in different angles for each and put them under the "Screen" effect.

However, I did not like the outcome of my design and decided to change. So i deleted the layer of the human head shape and start over. I then used the polygonal lasso tool to create squares for the technological icons of my design. I then selected an orange-yellow gradient for it and put it on "Difference" effect.

I then used the lasso tool to outline again the human shape and give it a purple gradient effect and put it under "Multiply" with opacity being at a 100%.

My background was inverted to have a darker and black effect in order to finish up with completion.

I then resized my design into A2 by using the crop tool and adjusting it to 16.53 x 23.39 inches as requested. Lastly, I saved in to PSD and JPEG file and submit it via e-mail.











No comments:

Post a Comment